Katherine Keith

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Katherine Keith

Postby JeanieB » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:49 am

I have a feeling there is more 'equipment swapping' that we will ever know! What a 'cluster......' it will be getting stuff to original owners!

By the way, a lot of rookies appear to be more prepared this year. Nathan S., Abbie, and Charley B are all hanging right up there in the big leagues! Impressive.
"When women reach a certain age, they begin to collect dogs. This is known as "Many - Paws""
JeanieB

Postby DustMusher » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:16 am

If I remember correctly he rented Mike Sanos' sled

DM
And I will be your guide beneath these Northern Lights
And you will be my shadow on the snow.
Husky's Code by Kyf Brewer
DustMusher

Postby DustMusher » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:23 am

Well there should be no shortage of equipment , treat, and food down the trail from all the scratched mushers -- hope someone nice raids Karen Ramstead's drop bags - the fans made all of her on the trail treat bags and I know she has a full and then some supply of Prilosec in her supplies.

Dog Food is going to be top notch for the villages from all the non-claimed drop bags, I know a bunch of village dogs will be living high on the hog with Eagle food.

hope the extra equipment and clothes, from the grop bags will actually, this year, get back to the owners. I know a bunch of very expensive stuff like the batteries 'disappear between the checkpoint and Anchorage after the race.

DM
And I will be your guide beneath these Northern Lights
And you will be my shadow on the snow.
Husky's Code by Kyf Brewer
DustMusher

Previous

Return to Mushing Talk