2011 Iditarod Musher list

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: 2011 Iditarod Musher list

Postby MelanieGouldFanBrian » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:07 am

anim_04.gif

I must confess that I remain UNCONVINCED of the legitimacy of Jeff King's retirement! I just cannot see Jeff sitting at home while Lance goes after that 5th win, The 5th win that has been Jeff's goal for so long. Even if he is simply taking this year off suspecting that Lance won't be at 100% anyway because of the surgeries he needs this summer, I don't believe for a moment that we've seen the last of Jeff King.

And I see Rick Swenson has not signed up as yet. He did that last year, finally signing up late in the game which I suspect he will do again. I believe that even if he is on crutches, Rick will not let Lance get close to tying him with a fifth win, without at least trying to get his sixth win first!

" That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too . . . my theory that I have, that is to say, which is mine, is mine."
Anne Elk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You ought to be thankful, a whole heaping lot, for the places and people you're lucky you're not."
Dr. Seuss
MelanieGouldFanBrian

Postby Di* » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:10 am

You heard it here first folks!! Cute new avatar B!!
Dogs...What they lack in manners, they make up for in Sincerity!
Di*

Postby fladogfan » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:10 pm

WOOFWOOF Brian :lol: :lol:

Maybe Jeff is going to run the Iditarod at a slower pace with his daughter and just enjoy the experience.
OR get into sprint racing in a bigger way.
OR sign up at the last minute and race to win that elusive #5.
OR ........?
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby flowerpower » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:26 pm

That's bold talk for a one eyed fat man!!! :? :P :P ;) ;) :D :D :D

Not you, Brian, just got finished watching the movie that line came from and felt I had to use it somewhere!!
Anyone know what movie? :?: :mrgreen: (hint: the Coen brothers just filmed a remake here in the Austin area) :D :D
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby MelanieGouldFanBrian » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:22 pm

Hey! I have both eyes! :lol:
I believe Robert Duvall as Ned Pepper said that to John Wayne as Rooster Cogburn in True Grit
Didn't know the Coen Brothers were doing a remake. I LOVE Coen Brothers movies!
"And I guess that was your accomplice in the wood chipper."
You ought to be thankful, a whole heaping lot, for the places and people you're lucky you're not."
Dr. Seuss
MelanieGouldFanBrian

Postby libby the lab » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:26 pm

FYI- I tried the intra-library loan program from my library and got several mushing books free from libraries around the country.

Cindy, Libby and Hank
Cindy, Anna Banana and Link-de
RIP Libby and Hank

http://www.dockdogs.com
http://www.chaseawayk9cancer.org
libby the lab

Postby eorogers » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:51 pm

The word I'm hearing here is that Jeff is planning to run the Wyoming Stage Stop with Lance. :-)

Eric
eorogers

Postby emwcee » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:48 pm

Wow - The Wyoming Stage Stop is going to be one exciting race - and I'm planning on going. :D Eric, have you heard of anyone else contemplating the Stage Stop?
emwcee

Postby flowerpower » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:04 am

Yep, Ned Pepper to John Wayne, one of my favorite actors of all time. I love JW's response "Fill your hands, you SOB"!

I like the Coen brothers too, but I'm not sure how I feel about a remake of True Grit-some things are sacred and should remain untouched! The remake stars Josh Brolin, Jeff Bridges and Matt Damon and is now in post production.

Just so I haven't entirely hijacked the thread, here is the article on the Stage Stop:
http://www.adn.com/2010/06/08/1314100/montana-race-expands-field-of.html
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby MelanieGouldFanBrian » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:05 am

On July 1st I opined above about Jeff King's retirement:

I must confess that I remain UNCONVINCED of the legitimacy of Jeff King's retirement! I just cannot see Jeff sitting at home while Lance goes after that 5th win, The 5th win that has been Jeff's goal for so long. . . I don't believe for a moment that we've seen the last of Jeff King.

In chat yesterday Jeff mentioned that he has kept his 20 fastest dogs and is preparing to run the 2012 Iditarod!

I KNEW IT! :D
Dr. Seuss
MelanieGouldFanBrian

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk