Good morning!

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Good morning!

Postby mira » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:23 pm

Morning!

Just watching some television program with the girls. "by coincidence" they are watching a program (for kids) showing off different stuff, like mushing for instance :lol:
mira

Postby mithious » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:56 pm

Good morning to you all across the pond :D Thanks to all for the great coverage that is no where else but here :D

Glad to "see" you mira :D :D :D :D :D :D
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Skype ID: laurie.brown9

Postby fladogfan » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:44 am

Good morning Iditabuds!!
Thanks to all who go out and hunt and gather info and news for all of us to learn from and enjoy.
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby MelanieGouldFanBrian » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:57 am

Yes indeed Fdf! Sitting down at computer with the first cup of coffee and looking at stats and blogs and comments and predictions, and photos and videos in the wonderful silence of the early morning is my favorite time of the day. Enhanced by those who give us these tidbits all during the race. :D
Last edited by MelanieGouldFanBrian on Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
You ought to be thankful, a whole heaping lot, for the places and people you're lucky you're not."
Dr. Seuss
MelanieGouldFanBrian

Postby fladogfan » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:59 am

MelanieGouldFanBrian wrote:Yes indeed Fdf! Sitting down at computer with the first cup of coffee and looking at stats and blogs and comments and predictions, and photos and videos in wonderful silence of the early morning is my favorite time of the day. Enhanced by those who give us these tidbits all during the race. :D

Where's that like button when you need it :lol:
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby Another UK Fan » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:01 am

Morning - 12 noon . . . . checking in quickly at work.
Another UK Fan

Postby Karyn » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:52 am

Good Morning (Friday)! I'm driving to Charleston, WV today for a weekend wedding (events on Fri, Sat, and Sun night). Of course. I'm sure I'll be in reception, dancing mode, and just then it will be time to start to sit and follow the nailbiting part of the finish. I'm driving home on Monday. So....I will be checking my phone and GPS for standings, but won't probably have much time for the chat room(s) this weekend. Have fun and I'll catch you (hopefully) at Nome on the webcam sometime!

Karyn
Karyn (Naturalist Guide in Tutka Bay, AK)
Karyn

Postby tanglefoot » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:56 am

Been stopping in since 5am uk time today, been surfing on the river with the boys today now into work again :)
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby Marlyn » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:25 am

Good Morning All,

This is the best time of the year!! Now the race is getting interesting and I wish all of them could win. Love Lance but his poor body just hinders him all the way. Sass is looking his usual happy go lucky self, Aliy and her dogs are full of wagging tails, Dallas is getting over his illness, and Jeff is his usual a tad grumpy but lovable self. Mitch, in spite of losing his leaders is down the trail and the kids are on everybody's heels. Going to be fun.
Marlyn, formerly MarinOhio
Marlyn

Postby tanglefoot » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:19 pm

Ha ha I love that you have put that Jeff is his usual slightly grumpy but lovable self that's like the old Jeff. I think that Lance is letting his mind get the better of him and that he Is really bummed out but I think he has had an epiphany moment on the trial and has pulled him self up by the boot straps and is going to get this thing done and build on it for the future.

Brent is the guy to beat I think this year Dallas and Mitch are looking strong but I am not sure if they will get it to beat him this year I think possibly Nick petite has a good team and a few the others further back. But the way Brent is running the trial I think Is a another new way but an old way of running and this just could work for him the dogs will get better quality rest at the checkpoint he was saying that his speed was slowing down after the hundred mile run but on the inside that video is dogs came in at quite a clip.
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk