2015 ROHN PATCH CONTEST IS OPEN

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

2015 ROHN PATCH CONTEST IS OPEN

Postby fladogfan » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:39 am

Hello fellow Iditabuds!
It’s time to start submitting your design or design idea(s) for our 2015 patch covering the Rohn Checkpoint!
Deadline for submitting 2015 patch designs is September 30. That gives us 2 months to get our ideas in to emwcee.
You don't even have to be an artist to submit a design or idea. Our patch company is great at producing the image you want from even rudimentary sketches and descriptive ideas. You could even use photos to give yourself ideas, be sure it's not a copyrighted one ;)

The only things we REQUIRE someplace on the patch design, is:

1. The Year – “2015”

2. Now that we are no longer under the BSSD, we will drop those letters. Since Johncn named us iditabuds.com we should put that on the patch.
"iditabuds.com mushing forum"

3. The name of the Checkpoint, Rohn

4. Patch Company allows us 6 colors in our price range, so try to stick to 6 colors.

If you can include even a rough sketch of what you have in mind for your design, we can work with that. Just make it clear what you envision with a good description. The only rules of thumb to remember are to not make the design too busy with too many things, and not to have very small details, as very small things are lost in stitching process.

PLEASE send your sketches and/or idea(s) directly to emwcee by way of a PM.

PLEASE REMEMBER that you can submit a design or idea for ANY of the checkpoints. WE now have a Moderator Lounge section where we have a separate room for each and every remaining checkpoint already set up to store your designs where nobody else can see them until they are ready to be unveiled and voted upon.

So please get your designs and ideas in as soon as possible. Remember to include your forum AND real name with your design or idea so we can contact you easily.

Deadline for submitting design for 2015 Rohn Patch will be September 30. This way Emwcee can set up a voting poll and have 3-4 weeks open for members to vote. By early-mid October the design will then be submitted to the patch company for artwork. A mod will put the winning artist and the patch company in touch with each other.

IMPORTANT:
PATCH DESIGN WINNER WILL NEED TO BE IN CONTACT WITH THE PATCH COMPANY TO ASSURE THAT THEIR DESIGN IS PROGRESSING TO THEIR SATISFACTION. PATCH COMPANY WILL SEND BY EMAIL PATCH ARTWORK FOR DESIGNER TO OK OR ADD SUGGESTIONS OR CHANGES TO. PROMPT REPLIES TO COMPANY ARE NEEDED TO ASSURE OUR TIMELINE FOR PATCHES TO BE COMPLETE AND DELIVERED TO MEMBERS BEFORE THE END OF THE YEAR.

Let the contest begin :D
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Re: 2015 ROHN PATCH CONTEST IS OPEN

Postby libby the lab » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:58 pm

I am going to try to block out my visions of Rohn last year LOL
Cindy, Anna Banana and Link-de
RIP Libby and Hank

http://www.dockdogs.com
http://www.chaseawayk9cancer.org
libby the lab

Postby fladogfan » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:19 am

Yeah, crutches and splints for humans and broken sleds are not a pretty sight.
But airplanes and mountains and dogs would make a good patch.
fladogfan

Postby tanglefoot » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:08 pm

fantastic...hmm.... may get my creative juices working this year for a change :)
..... best get the sketchpad out haha
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby fladogfan » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:31 am

We need patch ideas...tomorrow is the deadline!!

maybe get some ideas here,
http://www.adn.com/slideshow/photos-mus ... e-way-rohn
fladogfan

Postby fladogfan » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:32 am

We are extending the contest one week, for all us procrastinators, so if you have even a glimmer of an idea, write it down or sketch it out and send by PM to enwcee.

Contest will end October 7, midnight, Alaska time.
fladogfan

Postby Moose » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:49 am

Cool photos. Thanks, Fdf. I hadn't seen them before.
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Return to Mushing Talk